Advantages of Synthetic Oil
The Benefits of Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Oil
MIG Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is a huge proponent of upgrading your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram vehicle to using Full Synthetic Oil. There are many benefits in making this change. For instance:
- Synthetic Oil will work better in extremes. Cold weather or hot weather will not have the same detrimental effects on your engine as with conventional oil.
- You will see smoother engine performance. Synthetic Oils are slicker than conventional oils meaning more horsepower and better gas mileage overall.
- It is healthier for your engine. Synthetic Oils are better at transferring heat and therefore help engines run cooler.
- There is a huge payoff because they can last three to four times more miles than that of traditional oil.
Should I Upgrade?
Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM puts a lot of time and effort into manufacturing the best engines on the market for speed and fuel economy, which is why it’s important to look for ways to keep that engine healthy. An engine will inevitably produce contaminants, such as soot, carbon and sulfuric and nitric acid, but part of the job of motor oil is to suspend them. Synthetic oils are far more efficient at this task. These oils have high sheer stability and retain film strength better while reducing scuffing, pitting and rolling contact fatigue.
Before making any decision about your engine. Let MIG Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dispel some rumors about upgrading to synthetic oil. The 5 myths of synthetic oil are:
- Once you switch to synthetic oil you can never switch back. This is one of the most persistent myths about synthetic oil-and completely untrue. You can switch back and forth at any time.
- You shouldn’t use synthetic oil in an older vehicle. Again, completely untrue. Synthetic oils will enhance the engine protection in older vehicles just as they do for new engines. It is not “slipperier” and will not lead to leaks.
- You should break in your engine with conventional oil before you start using synthetic oil. Again, there’s no manufacturer we’re aware of that makes this recommendation. Many of Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM’s cars come from the factory with synthetic oil.
- Using a synthetic oil voids a car’s warranty. This not the case. Your warranty through MIG will be safe if you use synthetic oil.
- Synthetics made from Group III base oils are not true synthetics and are not as good as PAO-based synthetics in Group IV. Synthetics made from Group III oil can, in some cases, outperform those made in Group IV oils in some areas of performance.
Contact Our Service Center Today!
If you have questions about upgrading to synthetic oil during your next oil change, contact us today and talk to one of our highly trained technicians at our service center in Bellefontaine, Ohio. We are well-versed in the pros and cons of oil and can tell you why to use our Pennzoil Platinum® with PurePlus. If you want to learn more right away, watch the videos below: